The BTCU MasterCard® Debit Card is a fast, safe and easy way to access your money.
Every BTCU Union-Built FREE Checking account comes with a BTCU MasterCard® Debit Card. You can use your card when you shop to pay for groceries, gas, meals and more.
You can also use your card to get cash at more than 23,000 MoneyPass ATMs nationwide, surcharge-free.
To find a MoneyPass ATM near you check out the ATM Locator.
- Register your debit card to earn cash back from local and regional merchants > Register your card with Ampre
- BTCU does not charge a fee for the first 4 withdrawals per month at any ATM. The fee is $2.00 each additional withdrawal.
- You can avoid ATM fees altogether...if you use your card and PIN to get cash back at the checkout counter where you shop. Make sure to select "debit" on the keypad and enter your PIN to select the cash-back option.
- At an ATM, you can withdraw up to a maximum of $500 per day, if your account has sufficient funds.
- If you use your card to pay for purchases at a store, purchase amounts are limited to the amount you have in your account, up to a maximum amount of $4,999 per day.
Chip-enabled debit cards are coming!
In May 2017, you will receive a new chip-enabled MasterCard Debit Card.
Here's a few things you should know:
> Your old card will no longer work after May 21.
> When you call to activate your card, you'll be prompted to select a PIN.
> If you utilize your card for recurring monthly payments, please notify those merchants when you receive your new card.
What are chip-enabled cards?
A chip-enabled card (also called a smart card or an EMV card) contains an embedded microchip to provide better protection of your card number and personal information, making it more difficult for fraudsters to get an use it.
Is a chip-enabled card more secure than my current card?
Yes, chip-enabled cards add an additional layer of security to the safeguards that already protect your card. Each time you use your chip-enabled card at a chip-enabled paymment terminal, a unique code is generated for that transaction. This makes it hard for fraudsters to get it and use.
How do I use a chip-enabled card?
Look for a chip-enabled payment terminal.
- Insert the card, face up with the chip end first, into the terminal.
- Leave the card in the payment terminal during the entire transaction.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and sign or enter your PIN if needed. Be sure to remove your card when the transaction is complete.
For merchants without chip-enabled payment terminals, swipe your card as usual. Chip technology won't be used to process the transaction.
Find a ATM near you.
With more than 25,000 ATMs nationwide, MoneyPass is one of the largest surcharge-free networks in the nation. To find one near you, seach here: ATM Locator or download the MoneyPass ATM Locator app from your app store today!
Let us know if you are traveling and using your card. Call us at 763-315-3888 with the dates and locations of your travel.
Change Your PIN?
If you know your PIN but want to change it, simply call 1-877-267-6914.
Debit Card Lost or Stolen?
Call 1-800-528-2273 to report your card lost or stolen. Call 24/7.
Debit Card Dispute?
If you noticed any unauthorized or fraudulent transactions on your account, please call our Dispute Hotline (Monday - Friday from 7 a.m to 7 p.m.) at 1-800-808-6402. If the transaction you want to dispute is a PIN transaction, please contact us at 763-315-3888.